Sunday, July 22, 2012

Get Ready!


The Quantum Wellness Cleanse is “about choosing foods that don’t tax the body and make it work so hard; it’s about taking a break but not about starving.”

There will be challenges – family barbeques, anniversaries, weddings, etc.  This is not about perfection and punishment – if it’s really awkward not to drink a glass of champagne at a wedding or if you are at a family event where pasta is all that’s being served, then give yourself a break and get back on track with the next meal.  It’s a huge switch and you are still doing better than you were before, even if you have a diversion or two (or five…)

From my own experience, however, I do find that it’s easier for me to be as strict as possible.  If I have a piece of bread, then I find myself craving more bread at the next meal and it’s much harder to fight off the cravings.  I “treated” myself with a caramel mocha at the end of the cleanse one day and next thing I knew, I was drinking coffee every morning, anxious, and not sleeping well.  I had to go through the withdrawal headaches all over again to re-quit.  So be kind to yourself and do your best to stick with it.  It gets easier as you go.


It's not easy for me, either.  This is a picture of having ice cream after 6 months of not having any:
So you see, we're in this together.  : )

Okay, so finish that loaf of bread, have your last omelette for awhile, and stock up on gluten-free, sugar-free, vegan ingredients (I promise, you will find them and they’re yummy!)

(My last fried egg for awhile...)

So here we go, These are some of my favorite staples:
Tortilla chips (What diet? See!)
Hummus (If you like it spicy, mix with Sriracha – almost tastes cheesy!)
Decaffeinated herbal tea (Mint helps you focus, there is decaf chai, Yogi teas tell fortunes!)
Brown rice
Quinoa
Pasta made with brown rice/quinoa/corn
Potatoes
Oatmeal
Corn
Nuts & Seeds (almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds)
Peanut butter/almond butter (unsweetened, natural)
Vegan Mayo (I just tried Veganaise –it was not bad!)
Vegan Butter (Earth Balance or Smart Start are good)
Tofu
Pasta sauce
Lots of veggies!  (Summer squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocadoes, garlic, broccoli, green beans, etc)
Salad (Lettuce, cabbage, spinach)
Almond milk
Coconut Milk
Agave Nectar (or Stevia, if you prefer)
Fresh herbs (basil, flat-leaf parsley, cilantro, fresh ginger root)
Popcorn
Vegetarian broth
Extra virgin Olive Oil

And an ingredients list for recipes that will be posted in the next few days in case you need some inspiration:
First recipe for slow cooker:
Carrots (at least 2 - they are great to cut up and snack on, too)
yellow onion
garlic
curry powder
ground coriander
ground cayenne pepper
organic potatoes (at least 2 large)
green beans (at least 8 oz or more)
chickpeas/garbanzo beans (one can or dried ones that you've soaked overnight)
one can diced tomatoes
1 can vegetable stock (about 2 cups)
frozen peas
coconut milk (1 can)


Second Recipe:
Brown rice
sesame oil
1 pound green beans
garlic
fresh ginger (or dried, but fresh ginger root is best by far)
chipotle chili powder
tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
Chinese chili paste

Message me if you have any questions!  Can't wait to start this journey with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment