Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Still on that Quest


Yes, it’s been quite awhile. I’ve missed you and I hope that you’ve missed me. To be completely honest, my whole world was thrown off balance and I started asking myself, "Who am I to write about balance, wellness, health?" My typical effort to find balance means hurling myself face first into one thing or another with all of my passion and rather focused obsession.




The look of obvious balance and wellness as I gorge happily on "sladoled," Croatia's super-rich take on ice cream, to which I am horrendously, painfully, unequivocally allergic.
I've never been one of those people that you would use the word "moderate" about; it probably couldn't even enter your head if I was in the room. I was always that friend coaxing you to get the fully sugared caffeine drink, eat the chocolate, pretend the doughnut has no calories. Blow off the obligation and roll down a hill drunk with me instead. For my friends who understand the meaning of the word moderation, this is great for them- I help them find balance by indulging sometimes. But for me, it was life as usual. When reading, I'd always cheer along with the teenage character to follow their heart, always, and then I'd be shocked when everyone died in the end from the choices that had no regard for others. So here it is again. Balance.

Often, when we genuinely seek health, it’s like peeling back the layers of an onion. As one thing heals, another cries out for attention. So in my search for balance, first I found a whole lot of imbalance. A journey of healing is a very personal one. I was hiding in my chrysalis, hibernating, experiencing extreme metamorphosis and hanging on for dear life.

But you know what I forgot? I did not title the blog, "Advice from a Health Nut and Overall Perfect Person." No, it's called, "Shaking Free- a Quest for Balance." And I am still searching. I hope you're up for rejoining me on the very imperfect journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment