Monday, January 19, 2015

Day 8- Caffeine Conquered and an Honest Update


 
Yesterday was not actually a day of rest for me, but a full day of training others. What a joy! I never could have imagined this while sitting in my cubicle years ago. I get to teach people to do things that I love, sharing healing modalities that changed my life so that others can also find healing! But more about that later...

Today, I am actually taking my own advice. Because I worked intensely over the weekend, I'm declaring Monday my Sunday. I'll take things at my own pace today, resting for balance but also focusing on being active in whatever way best serves my body. I've actually started cleaning the house a bit- now that I'm cleaning toxins from my body, I want the air I breathe and the surfaces I look at to also be clean.

This cleanse has been a little bit harder than I remembered. Last time, I was already a vegan, so I wasn't detoxing from the animal products, too. With starting directly after the overindulgence of the holidays, I'm still having headaches, fatigue, aches and pains, and nausea. Most cleanses say that you will feel better within 3-5 days from the detoxing, but this continuing discomfort is illuminating the true damage that I'd done to my body. Instead of feeling guilty or berating past Laura, however, I am just going to focus on continuing forward one meal at a time, making the best choices that I can and knowing that I will feel better very soon.

I'm also surprised by the headaches and brain fog. Since I wasn't drinking coffee, I had created a fake halo for healthy products with caffeine, like green and oolong tea. I was drinking them every day while praising myself for not drinking coffee. Now I see that my body was still being pummeled by my most difficult addiction - falsely pushing myself forward. I'm finding instead, I can dig in to the natural energy and passion that has been here waiting for me by living a life that I love.

I was sincerely panicked to lead an all-day training without my "energy shot." Would I space out and forget what I was saying? Would all of the information fall out of my head? Would I fall asleep and take a nap while people were sitting there looking at me?

Guess what? None of those things happened! It was a wonderful, interactive day and I was fueled by sharing my passion for helping others find healing. I was energized by the excitement of the trainees. And I underestimated the power of adrenaline, which launched me out of bed at 5:56 am before my alarm!

What if I had let those fears take over and had sabotaged my efforts, this whole week of caffeine withdrawal? Instead, I found strength and an unexpected vigor. CAFFEINE CONQUERED! BAM!

In the interest of resting, there is no recipe today. I was only planning to write a paragraph on why I'm resting today, then here I go pouring my heart out again. But today's plan is to do what flows without a deadline- this post flowed.

Have a great day and I hope it's a fabulous start to week two for you!


Pictured above: Breakfast today was juice of apples, carrots, cilantro, ginger, daikon radish, and celery to enjoy with the gluten-free, sugar-free scone made by my very supportive husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment