Saturday, January 10, 2015

Get Ready + Shopping List

Are you ready? I am getting really excited for Monday!

The Quantum Wellness Cleanse is “about choosing foods that don’t tax the body and make it work so hard; it’s about taking a break but not about starving.”

Remember to be kind and gentle with yourself as you are cleansing. Go to bed a little earlier (getting 7-8 hours is especially important  so your body can process the changes most efficiently), make some time for yourself, but also show yourself some compassion. This cleanse is pretty hard core- if you make a mistake, kindly vow to do better at the next meal without any guilt. As you get used to the changes, it will get much easier.

From my own experience, I do find that it’s easiest for me to be as strict as possible. If I have a piece of bread, then I find myself craving more bread at the next meal and it’s much harder to fight off the cravings. I “treated” myself with a caramel mocha at the end of the cleanse one time and next thing I knew, I was drinking coffee every morning, anxious, and not sleeping well. I had to go through the withdrawal headaches all over again to re-quit. So be kind to yourself and do your best to stick with it. It gets easier as you go.

Today, I made myself a "healthy" shake with protein powder and chocolate almond milk. Curious, I looked at the sugar content of the almond milk. It was over 20g, which is pretty ridiculous and truly not worth it as a source of sugar! So be careful, be sure to check those labels of your usual "healthy" products and double-check. I will make the adjustment in the future of using raw cacao powder instead, along with unsweetened almond milk or I may even try to make my own!

Okay, savor that coffee and toast, have your last omelette for awhile, and now get excited to meet the healthiest you! Hide that bread and stock up on gluten-free, sugar-free, vegan ingredients (I promise, you will find them and they’re yummy!)
So here we go, These are some of my favorite staples (shopping inspiration):
Tortilla chips (What diet? See!) Make sure they are certified by the non-GMO project.
Hummus (If you like it spicy, mix with Sriracha – almost tastes cheesy!)
Salsa (I like Jack's Special Garden Fresh Salsa)
Guacamole (Wholly guacamole or homemade)
Decaffeinated herbal tea (Mint helps you focus, there is decaf chai, Yogi teas tell fortunes!)
Brown rice or Organic Jade Pearl Rice (http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/organic_heirloom_rice.htm) (My favorite!)
Quinoa
Pasta made with brown rice/quinoa (I like Ancient Grains)
Lentils
Beans of any kind
Potatoes (Organic)
Steel-Cut Oats
Nuts & Seeds (almonds, walnuts, pepitas, pistatios)
Peanut butter/almond butter (unsweetened, natural)
Vegan Mayo (I just tried Veganaise –it was not bad!)
Vegan Butter (Earth Balance or Smart Start are good)
Tofu (Organic)
Lots of veggies! (kale, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados, garlic, broccoli, green beans, etc)
Salad (Lettuce, cabbage, spinach)
Almond milk- unsweetened
Coconut Milk
Maple Syrup, Honey
Fresh herbs (basil, flat-leaf parsley, cilantro, fresh ginger root)
Popcorn (Organic)
Vegetarian broth
Tamari (Gluten-free soy sauce)
Extra virgin Olive Oil
Gluten free bread (Ezekiel Bread has one with almond rice)
Try to avoid processed foods and buy as many whole foods as possible.

Here's an ingredients list for recipes that will be posted in the next few days in case you need some inspiration:
First recipe for slow cooker:
Carrots (at least 2 - they are great to cut up and snack on, too)
yellow onion
garlic
curry powder
ground coriander
ground cayenne pepper
organic potatoes (at least 2 large)
green beans (at least 8 oz or more)
chickpeas/garbanzo beans (one can or dried ones that you've soaked overnight)
one can diced tomatoes
1 can vegetable stock (about 2 cups)
frozen peas
coconut milk (1 can)

Second Recipe:
Brown rice
sesame oil
1 pound green beans
garlic
fresh ginger (or dried, but fresh ginger root is best by far)
chipotle chili powder
tamari sauce (this is gluten-free soy sauce)
Chinese chili paste

Message me if you have any questions!  Can't wait to start this journey with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment