Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Pursuit of Wellness

 
 "Wellness is very big among my yogamates. If Wellness were a person, it would be Michael Jackson circa 1984, and my yogamates would be screaming, crying fans jumping up and down just to be so near to it." - Yoga Bitch, Suzanne Morrison

In my breathless pursuit of Wellness, that willowy, lovely ideal of balanced health, I am planning to draw my focus to the physical aspect, but for once, my resolution is not "lose fifty million pounds." It is to "Be healthy by moving regularly and eating mindfully."

Ever blown it on your weight-loss resolution?  I have some shocking news for you: It's not your fault! According to Dr. Leanne Deardreuff, DC in Inner Transformations Using Essential Oils,
"Starting a weight loss diet in the winter works against the system and actually makes the body want to put on more weight since it thinks it has been thrown into the starvation mode during the cold months when it already needs to conserve all the energy it can. This is one reason that New Year's weight-loss resolutions often fail: It's simply the wrong time of year."
The trouble is, if you've gone off the holiday deep end like me, the body may be craving balance and respite from the feasting. Dr. Deardreuff goes on to say that cleansing in the winter can still be beneficial, "especially if your body is screaming for it."

So, to honor my screaming body, I'm doing a cleanse! I've decided to use my blog posts from 2012 that were based on Kathy Freston's 21 Day Quantum Wellness Cleanse, but I will also be integrating other things I've learned about and experienced over the last couple of years, like juicing, green smoothies, and using essential oils and essential oil enhanced products. I may even have some new recipes.

I'm starting this coming Monday- January 12th. Would you like to join me? My blog posts each day will have enough information for you to follow along, whether for the full 21 days or to flirt for a week, even a day here or there. If you simply read along without doing it, you'll still find surprisingly great recipes and info.

This cleanse is the perfect way to refresh your digestive system. It gives your body a break from all of the things that contain the most toxins and use up all of the energy for digestion. These items are:
  •     Caffeine
  •     Alcohol
  •     Gluten
  •     Animal Products
  •     Sugar
Some of the changes you can expect, according to the author are:
  •     More energy
  •     Clearer skin and eyes
  •     Weight Loss
  •     Cessation of certain aches, pains, and digestive ailments
  •     Release from addictive habits
  •    A profound and deepened awareness of your personal power and the effect you have in the world
Well, those things sound awesome! And it's only 21 days. You'll be done by Valentine's Day...but will you still look at the candy the same way? Hmmm... So you're in, right?

2 comments:

  1. I just might be in with ya sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely your style of eating, sis, you should do it! I've never felt so good and can't wait to do it again.

    ReplyDelete