Friday, June 22, 2012

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Delicious & Healthy Food


It's a thunderstormy afternoon in NYC and I'm reveling in my experiences with food.

Last night, we went to a restaurant called Josie's at 37th and 3rd.  It was one of the most delicious vegan-friendly restaurants I've ever visited.  I was thrilled to see a butternut squash soup (topped with roasted pumpkin seeds) that was not floating in heavy cream.  It was VEGAN, sweet, and absolutely delicious!

I was also very excited to see the Seared, Asian-Marinated Organic Tofu Salad.  It had spinach, tofu, chickpeas, zucchini, pepper, tomatoe, avocado, mushroom, and was tossed in a light but tasty balsamic dressing.  Vegan Heaven!

It was a lovely meal out with my mom, aunt, and sister.  NYC is really impressing me with the food!  Even in the airport (LGA), I ordered a salad and the dressing was homemade with lemon and fresh garlic!  It was delightful.  New York City really steps it up about a thousand notches from my usual Ohio dining.  Now these dinners out are much more worth it- it's a good thing I don't live here or I would be out of money in a week.  I love that no eyebrows are raised when I say "No cheese, please."

Today, we saw the Statue of Liberty and tonight we are going out for Italian and to see Mary Poppins!  This is my fifth time in the Big City, but really the first time I've been free to do really touristy things like sneaking off to drink wine in the hotel lobby.  Yeah, that's what I'm doing right now.  I'm sharing a room with all three lovely ladies and sometimes, a girl needs to blog whilst sipping wine...


No comments:

Post a Comment