Monday, June 4, 2012

A Leap of Faith


I am swan diving, free-falling, feeling light.  I have just quit my nice, steady job in the corporate world to seek life balance, a simpler and happier way, and to find my path to self-actualization.

“Ah, she’s lucky,” you may say.  “She must not have to work.”  Truly, it’s quite the contrary.  Yes, I am married and can use my husband’s health insurance, but we’ve actually taken some risks (rental properties) and carry massive debt (student loans) and we are certainly not wealthy.  My husband is very supportive, but I see him glancing at the bills with a touch of worry.  I share this with you only so you know that there is nothing special about my case.  I have as many bills as you do.

I know that this is a giant leap from convention.  As someone who finally got the guts at age 31 to dye my hair purple 8 weeks ago, I am finally ready to stop wondering what people will think and just LIVE fully.

2 comments:

  1. Taking no risk is the greatest risk of all! Sleep, job, home, sleep... 24/7, 365 day in a year... over and over again. And spending all this routine with hungry, empty, dumb, unrealized souls who forgot to seek for sth bigger, who forgot looking at themselves as unique, God's creatures with a mission in this world is the greatest danger of all! So, go Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete